Battlemode also received some quality of life updates including a new death report that shows players what killed them, Prestige stars for dedicated players, fixes for latency and lag, better tutorials, and Echelon leveling for players who hit max level.
Here are some other patch notes for the new update.
New Features for PC
- Added Denuvo Anti-Cheat software required for playing BATTLEMODE on PC
- Denuvo Anti-Cheat uses a kernel-mode driver
- Use of the kernel-mode driver starts when the game launches and stops when the game stops for any reason
- Denuvo Anti-Cheat does not take screenshots, scan your file system, or stream shellcode from the internet
- Denuvo Anti-Cheat can be uninstalled at any time through the «Add or remove programs» dialog
- For more information, please see https://help.bethesda.net/ or refer to Denuvo’s launch day blog here
Single Player Campaign Quality-of-Life Updates for ALL platforms
- Reduced damage taken while swimming
- Added vertical Dash ability when in water
- Moved the Rad Suit in Taras Nabad directly in-front of the water area so the player clearly sees it when entering the arena
- Removed all difficulty damage scaling for both Water/Slime
- Added Maykr Drone campaign tutorial during first encounter in Urdak
- Added an option for Hold (Default) or Press functionality for Double Dash in the Game tab of the Main Menu Options. Hold allows the player to dash twice by holding the input. Press requires the player to press the input twice.
- Increased the effectiveness of the Plasma Rifle Microwave Mod damage over time
BATTLEMODE Quality-of-Life Updates for ALL platforms
- BATTLEMODE Tutorials are now required for first-time players when entering the mode
- Added functionality to take disciplinary action against players who exploit BATTLEMODE by prematurely exiting matches or are abusive on voice chat
- BATTLEMODE Death Report Deaths in BATTLEMODE now display a damage report showing players exactly what killed them
- New Indicator for Healing Demon Players New FX display under player headers in BATTLEMODE when they are actively healing. This is visible to all players.
- New Messaging in BATTLEMODE has been added to improve the clarity of server and lobby states
Check out Heaven32’s Doom Eternal review and wiki for guides, walkthroughs, tips, and more.
Matt Kim is a reporter for Heaven32.